Agriculture Training Institute, Ilonga, Morogoro, REG/ANE/011, Government institution with full registration, Morogoro, Full.MATI Ilonga was inaugurated on 17th September 1972 to offer a certificate course in human nutirition and agriculture. The institute has grown in terms of physical and human resources and courses that are offered. Currently, the institute has the capacity to accommodate 251 long courses students and 20 short course trainees at a time. The number os staff is 29 tutors specialised in different fields of agriculture, 22 supporting staff and 24 temporary employees. The institute has crop and animal farms that are basically used in practical training.
Short courses that are offered at the institute upon client request include:
• Production of field and horticultural crops for farmers and or extension workers
• Post harvest processing and packaging of field crops (e.g. production of beverage, alcohol, food products from cereals, fruits and vegetables).
• Nutritional Management for specific groups like children and invalids.
• Training and management of draught animals.
• Small scale seed production.
• Dairy cattle management
• Poultry production
• Farmer to farmer training approach
Admission and Applications
Requirements for admission in certificate course (NTA level 5)
An applicant is considered for admission to a certificate course if she/he passed three or more science subjects in ‘O’ level examination. A pass n English and mathematics is highly advantageous.
Requirements for admission in a diploma course (NTA level 6).
Pre-service applicants are considered for admission to a diploma course if they passed science subjects at Principal levels (One or more) Candidates with one principal level subject must have two passes in science subjects, in-service applicants are considered for admission if they pursued a certificate course in MATIs or LITIs.
INSTITUTE (MATI – ILONGA)
Phone: +255 787 327435