Civil Aviation Training Centre, Dar es Salaam, REG/EOS/006, Government institution with full registration, Dar es Salaam, Provisional.Civil Aviation Training Centre has the mission to ensure safety, security and regularity of civil aviation in Tanzania by providing effective oversight and efficient air navigation services while maintaing quality,protecting the environment and safeguarding the interest of consumers and the public.Not pnly that but has also vision which state that “The civil aviation system in Tanzania to be amongst the safest, most orderly and sustainable in the world”
Functions of the Authority
(1) The functions of the Authority shall be:
(a) to perform the following:
(i) To issue, renew, vary and cancel air service licences;
(ii) To establish standards for regulated goods and regulated services;
(iii) To establish standards for the terms and conditions of supply of the regulated goods and services;
(iv) To regulate rates and charges;
(v) To make rules for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act;
(b)To monitor the performance of the regulated suppliers including in relation to:
(i) levels of investment;
(ii) availability, quality and standards of services;
(iii) the cost of services;
(iv) the efficiency of production and distribution of services, and
(v) other matters relevant to the Authority;
(c) To facilitate the resolution of complaints and disputes;
(d) to take over and continue carrying out the functions formerly of the former Authority;
(e) to disseminate information about matters relevant to the functions of the Authority;
(f) to consult with other regulatory authorities or bodies or institutions discharging functions similar to those of the Authority in the united Republic and elsewhere;
(g) to administer this Act;
(h) to perform such other functions as may be conferred on the Authority by this Act or any other law.
(2) The Authority in the discharge of its functions shall not perform its activities in contravention of any international agreement to which the United Republic is a party.
(3) In the performance of its functions, the Authority shall not award or cancel an exclusive licence or a universal service obligation licence without prior consultation with the Minister.
(4) In addition to the preceding provisions of this section, the Minister may from time to time as occasion necessitates it, give to the Authority directions of a specific or general character on specific issues, other than in relation to the discharge of the regulatory function, arising in relation to any sector, for the purpose of securing the effective performance by the Authority of its policy, functions and compliance with the code of conduct.
(5) Any direction given by the Minister in accordance with sub section (4), shall be in writing and published in the Government Gazette.
(6) In addition to its regulatory functions, the Authority may provide air navigation and aeronautical services.
Download Applications below
|Application Form – AIR Services Licence|
|Application Form – Ground Handling Services Licence|