Josiah Kibira University college is a non government university college which has clear mission to offer in education sector.The mission of university is to engage its faculties and students in studies of higher learning committed to the pursuit of truth through scientific research and inquiries, . to promote higher education in its broadest sense, delving into fact-finding under the guidance of and in obedience to the Word of God, to be sensitive to the pressures which dehumanize society and oppress human kind so as to rescue, elaborate and communicate those elements of national culture which are possible and humanizing while at the same time liberating human capacities and engendering good moral values, to explore, test and analyze new ideas, models and alternative avenues for development and promotion of a viable and just human society
e. to realize hopes and meet the expectations of the ELCT by developing resources from which fresh intellectual and spiritual breezes will spring up and spread out far and wide for the renewal of the Church and society as a whole.
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts With Education
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- The Faculty is offering two programmes:
- i) Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- ii) Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAEd)
- and in co-operation with the Faculty of Science and Technology:
- iii) Bachelor of Science with Education (BScEd) (in 2013 – 2014 only Computer Science and Geography as the Teaching Subjects)
- In all Education programmes, there will be JoKUCo Common Courses, Education courses and courses in Teaching subject(s).
- However, the emphasis between Education and Teaching Subjects will differ between the programmes.
- BEd will have a special emphasis on Education and the BAEd / BScEd on the Teaching Subjects.
- The teaching subjects will be selected from amongst the following ones:
- i) English
- ii) French
- iii) Geography
- iv) History
- v) Computer Science
- vi) Kiswahili