Kizimbani Agricultural Training Institute (KATI), Zanzibar, REG/ANE/028P, Government institution with full registration, Zanzibar.The purpose of this institution is to build the capacity and institutions of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Environment in order to offer better technical advice to the farming community in the rural areas. KATI acts as a centre for offering various consultancy services related to agricultural development activities. The institution also provides in-service training to the agricultural extension staff and farmers. KATI was established to enable to produce enough extension staff to work with farmers in rural areas. The extension staffs are expected to provide advise to farmers, improve their farming skills and assist communities in developing their agricultural development plans.
To have an institute that is sustainable and capable of offering up to date ‘demand driven’ training on crop, livestock and natural resource management.
• To train men and women for the purpose of fulfilling manpower requirements in the agricultural sector (block extension officers)
• To prepare young men and women for self-employment
• To offer technical advisory services to farmers in the field through village outreach programmes
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0)
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
- Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
- Online mapping: How to locate your organisation and your projects on a online Map;
- How to communicate voice over the internet at no cost;
- Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging);
- Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook);
- Web 2.0 self-instruction (introduction to iMARK)
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please click on this link to complete the online form.