At Mount Meru University (MMU) we believe that education is a lifelong process through which all human beings have to undergo. It is a process that encompasses all areas of life with the objective of enabling one to cope with the challenges of life and exploit potentials of his or her environment. Functionally, we understand education to be a creative process of acquiring knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and habits that shape one’s character in a given community.
MMU will provide you with real opportunity to acquire education that is rational, restorative and life-enhancing rather than simply an efficient paradigm for informational transmission. Here, you will find education that aims at making you not only a literate person, but also which will equip you with real knowledge, wisdom, grace and moral uprightness.
the mission of MMU is to equip students with Christian ministerial and professional skills to
improve their quality of life and that of their communities, nations, and the whole world in:
- Training in the long-term professional programs in the specified theological, social sciences and other disciplines as well as in short term post experience skills building.
- Conducting research and publication of research findings on issues of spiritual and socioeconomic development.
- Offering consultancy services to the general public in order to create a society free from disease, ignorance, poverty and injustice.
To be a fountain of knowledge and wisdom that produces excellent, God fearing, visionary, skilled, proactive, hardworking and transforming servant leaders.
Philosophy of the University
MMU is focused on the production of highly competent, disciplined, and committed servants
who will transform their communities. On this basis, MMU strives to:
- Sustain training programs which focus on spiritual and physical needs.
- Conduct high quality research and disseminate research findings to the users.
- Become a leading provider of high quality consultancy and community service.