Ever since its establishment in 1963, the Institute has maintained this role and remained a pioneer in training of community development workers in the country In performing this role, the main functions of the Institute are; to carry out practical oriented programmes for higher and middle level community development workers; to conduct research and consultancy services on community development activities; so as to enable the community development workers to cope with the current development challenges both in rural and urban areas; and to produce basic training materials for community development practitioners in the institutes and in the field.
All these functions are related and geared to effective attainment of the Institute’s Mission and Vision in alignment with the National Strategy on Poverty Eradication in the country to offer degree courses.
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT With bias in MANAGEMENT OFCOMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES (BCD-MCDP)
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT With bias in GENDER and DEVELOPMENT (BCD-GD)
- BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT With bias in PARTICIPATORY PROJECT PLANNING and MANAGEMENT (BCD-PPM)
- Post Graduate in Community development
- Post Graduate in Enterpreneurship
Admission and Applications
Admission fees for undergraduate
All applicants are obliged to apply for admission; a process, which requires them to fill a special application form which is available upon payments of Tsh. 20,000.00.
N.B Consult Registrar about TCU Application for Higher Education Process
Entry requirements for undergraduate students
The minimum entry requirements are based on the standard set by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) as follows:
- Form Six leavers must have passed and advanced secondary school examination (ACSEE) with a minimum of 4.5 score.
- Holders of an ordinary diploma in community development should have at least second class pass or equivalent qualification in related field.
Entry requirements for Post Graduate Students
The minimum entry qualification is successful completion of a three year undergraduate degree course, an advanced diploma course or equivalent from a recognized institution.