Wildlife Training Institute Pasiansi-Mwanza has the vision to be the leader in providing knowledge, skills and attitudes in sustainable management of natural and cultural resources.Also has the mission to provide proper training in sustainable management of natural and cultural resources through: –
- Facilitating practical and field training in sustainable management of natural and cultural resources
- Instilling paramilitary disciplinary code of conduct
- Developing curricula that take into account the training needs of stakeholders and meet the required standards of NACTE
- Undertaking research in various aspects of natural resources management, and
- Providing relevant consultancy services.
Basic Technical Certificate
Three month’s Short course
- This is a short course in Basics of Wildlife Management intended for village game scouts.
- To upgrade the knowledge in wildlife conservation for those aspiring for Basic Technician Certificate who have completed ordinary level secondary education but do not have the required minimum entry qualifications.
- The course is also offered to ordinary level secondary school leavers who are aspiring for undertaking a Basic Technician Certificate course but do not have the required minimum entry qualification. Nevertheless, the applicants must have scored 28 points or more i.e. 27, 26, 25 etc. Students who pass in this course qualify to apply for a course in BTCWM
Admission and Applications
- ·Candidates must have completed and passed an ordinary level (O-level) in five subjects with C in both Biology and Geography or
·Candidates with a Basic Technician Certificate in Wildlife Management (BTCWM) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or;
- ·Candidates with at least two years of working experience in the Wildlife sector or other relevant field
- ·Candidates should be certified physically fit by a recognized physician. This is due to the
fact that the course entails paramilitary training.
- ·Candidates must have completed and passed an ordinary level (O-level) in five subjects with D in both Biology and Geography or;
- ·Candidates who have completed ordinary level (Olevel) education of any pass with a certificate for a three month course in wildlife management from The Institute of Wildlife Management–
How to Apply
Download Applications form below